Contact the County Jail
Union County Courthouse
103 S. Second Street
Lewisburg, PA 17837
Hours: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Phone: (570) 524-8711
The Union County Jail has both non-contact and contact visits. Visiting is limited to immediate family which consists of mother, father, brothers, sisters, wife or girlfriend, children, grandparents, and in some cases step children are allowed. All visitors must be approved by the Deputy Warden or Lieutenant. All visitors must present proper identification. Visits on the main side of the jail are non-contact with a glass barrier between visitors and inmate. Communication is by telephone. All visits are a minimum of 30 minutes.
On the main side of the jail, visitation is Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM though 11:30 AM and 12:30 PM through 4:00 PM. Due to COVID all visits are scheduled by calling the jail.
Important Visitation Rules
- Any person visiting the jail must present a valid photo ID, with the exception of children under the age of 16.
- There are no food products or drinks allowed during visits.
- All visitors and inmates must understand that in the event of an argument during the visitation, the visit will be terminated. It is the Warden’s decision to permit that individual to return for a future visit.
- All children must behave while visiting; this is the responsibility of the parent or guardian accompanying the minor.
- All approved visitors are allowed (2) thirty minute visits a week.
Items permitted to inmates
10 – photographs (NO polaroids)
1- plain wedding band
1 – religious medal, small chain (no larger than a half-dollar)
Cash or money orders are accepted. NO personal checks accepted.
Jail Inmate Phone System
The only telephone (system) available to inmates at the Union County Jail is owned by Securus Technologies. Any individual who would like to receive collect calls from an inmate must first establish an account with Securus Technologies. Securus Technologies may be reached toll free at (800) 844-6591 to create an account.
Inmates may also opt to purchase phone cards from the Union County Jail. Phone cards cost $10.00 each, plus the additional 6% sales tax.
All phone calls are monitored and a recorded statement will remind you of this policy when you receive a phone call from an inmate.
If you do not wish to receive phone calls from an inmate you can call the Union County Jail at (570) 524-8711 and request to have your number blocked.
A mobile application is now available from Securus! You can learn more and download the app HERE